Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky announced today (Thursday) that the counter-attack needs more time, attributing the postponement of the attack to his fear of the loss of many lives.
“It is unacceptable to launch the attack now because a lot of lives will be lost,” Zelensky said in an interview with the BBC. To wait, we still need more time.
The Ukrainian ground forces had announced the completion of their preparations to carry out the spring offensive, which had been talked about for months, indicating that they were awaiting the political decision.
On the other hand, US officials said that the Russian Wagner forces still maintain large stocks of ammunition, and control at least 85% of Bakhmut, according to Politico.